Lousy Sunday...Happening Breakfast!
Ask me what I want to have for breakfast and I'll say Poha!
I love having poha a lot. Its healthy, filling, delicious and easy to make!
So I decided to post a simple recipe of Poha for those who wish to relish it but aren't much into cooking.
Hope you try it out and would like it....
So without much ado, lets start making it... J
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 mins.
Poha (Rice Flakes)- 150 grams/ 2 cups.
Potato- 1 medium sized, diced into small cubes.
Tomato- 1 medium sized, finely chopped.
Green chilies- 5 nos., slit.
Curry leaves- 8-10 leaves.
Cilantro- For garnish, finely chopped.
Turmeric- 1/3 tsp.
Red chili powder- 1/3 tsp
Salt- To taste
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Sugar- 1/3 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/3 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jeera)- 1/3 tsp
Oil- 4 tbsp
- Take poha in a colander and wash it well a couple of time. Let the water drain.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds and cumin and let it splutter.
3. Now add potatoes and fry it till they start turning golden.
4. Add curry leaves and green chilies, fry it well so that it releases its strong flavor.
5. Then add onions and fry it till they turn golden.
6. Now add turmeric, red chili powder, stir till the raw smell disappears, taking care not to burn the spices.
7. Add tomatoes and salt, and cook till tomatoes are done.
8. Now add poha and mix well so that the spices cover it evenly.
9. Add lemon juice and sugar and mix well.
Put a lid and let it cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
10. Then add cilantro and mix again.
11. Serve hot. You can enjoy it with Sindhi Papad too! TADAAAA!