Its a weekend I'm back home having loads of fun. November has just set in and its freezing over here.
I was craving to eat something hot....and sweet...and yummy...So decided to make some really delicious chocolate cake.
But that's just sweet, where is the hot????
So we, that is me, my sisi and my cousin just invented a new recipe of chocolate cake dipped in hot chocolate syrup!!! Sounds yummy!!! Isn't it?
That's why I decided to share the recipe with you. So here it goes!!!
Chocolate cake with Hot chocolate syrup!!!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Maida (Refined flour)- 100 grams
Caster sugar- 100 grams
Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Baking soda- ½ tsp
Milk- 150 ml
Oil- 75 ml
Vanilla essence- 5 ml
Hershey’s chocolate syrup- 50 ml
Sugar syrup- 50 ml
Cherries- For decoration
For hot chocolate syrup
Dark compound- 70 grams
Milk compound- 70 grams
Milk- 50 ml
- Grease the baking dish with butter and sprinkle some maida. Keep it aside. (I used a bowl since I didn't have a baking tray. You can use a round tray)
- Sieve the maida, baking powder, caster sugar and cocoa powder one by one in a bowl and mix well.
3. Now add oil little by little and mix constantly in one direction.
4. Pour in milk little by little and mix well to avoid lumps.
5. Add vanilla essence.
6. In the end, add baking soda and mix vigorously and pour in the greased baking tray immediately.
7. Now place the bowl in microwave oven and bake it for 5 minutes on High. And let it stand for another 5 minutes.
8. Till the time start preparing hot chocolate syrup. Take the dark compound and milk compound in a vessel and add milk to it.
9. Boil sufficient water in another vessel. Place the compound and milk mixture over it stirring constantly till the chocolate melts. We need to keep the syrup hot till the cake is done.
10. Now remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down.
11. Invert it on a plate, cut it into two pieces, slicing it horizontally from the middle.
12. Now spread some Hershey’s chocolate syrup and sugar syrup on one layer.
13. Place another layer over it and pour hot chocolate syrup on the cake till it gets completely covered in it.
14. Decorate with cherries and serve with your favorite drink!!! Tastes best with Tang!!! Enjoy!!!